To Japan With Love


Every time I watch the news my heart breaks for the Japanese people.  In 1989 I had a boyfriend who went to Japan for a year, each week he sent me letters via airmail (no email, no facebook, imagine!) detailing his cultural shock and awe. When I flew out to visit we toured around that beautiful, exotic country.  I was overwhelmed by the kind hospitality shown to us by his Japanese friends and colleagues.

I have added some books to my bookshop on Etsy, to benefit the Red Cross Tsunami relief fund.  I will be adding some more in the coming weeks.

P.S  Regarding my boyfriend, reader I married him, and as you can see, I still have the letters.

Etsy


1 comment:

  1. I love this story! I thought I had your blog saved in my google reader, but you've been posting and I haven't seen new posts so I guess I didn't. :-(

    You're there now.

    ReplyDelete