Newbury at Silly o'clock




Good things about my trip to Newbury antiques fair this morning;

Some great antiques, repro and miscellanea.
Eclectic traders with cheeky patter.
Great people watching and listening! Sample,  'He said we should buy it, do you think we should?!'
Plenty of space to move around amongst the wares


Not so good;

Cold this morning, it didn't warm up until lunch.
Getting up at 6am for the 8am start.
Food - it was a bit truckers breakfast, they could do with catering for those with healthier tastes, but hey.

I bought 2 books; Alice In Wonderland and Science In The Home.   The two friends I went with bought some early Emma Bridgewater and vintage clothing. Hope your Monday was as interesting.

4 comments:

  1. I'd have been chilly and bugeyed, but always love a rummage!! Sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous! I wish I could go to one of these with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like an interesting day even though it was cold. Bet you were ready for that breakfast!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Belinda, rummaging is the most fun, I guess it;s the thrill of the chase.

    GOTJ - Thank you for stopping by, maybe one day we will... :)

    Thank you Rosie, it was nice to have a break from the usual routine.

    ReplyDelete