My Big Fat Easter!


Whilst looking at this charming postcard I picked up at a local antique sale, I started to panic.  Each year my children receive Easter eggs and chocolate bunnies in large quantities from their numerous relatives, lucky things.  They are told to squirrel them away because I have no willpower.  This they do, but it is in such quantities it lasts for months.  Now here's the rub, not only do I have no willpower but my egg hunting skills are second to none.  I can sniff out chocolate as well as Jacks giant can smell the blood of an Englishman...

Does anyone have any tips on how to improve my willpower and avoid the chocolate catastrophe that is looming?   My waistline and I will be eternally grateful.


Etsy
BeauBazaar

6 comments:

  1. Dear Lilacs, I have just found your site and see that your list of likes could have been written by me. This means that I also love chocolate and am radar equipped for the stuff, but as yet without a cure!
    I've just been rereading 'The Enchanted April'. Do you know it? Your blog title seems rather similar. The book is a great cure for the miserable months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Share My Garden, please to meet you, thank you for stopping by and commenting. See my blog post for 26th January - the one called Time Travel, I wrote it as I was rereading that very book. I totally agree, it is a great winter escape book. Paper sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry, no help whatsoever. In my case, for health reasons I can no longer eat more than a couple of squares of G&B's a day, but I wouldn't recommend the route I took to get to this stage. Just enjoy and stop worrying.... life's too short.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good advice Maggie, love G & B's...! After watching the Tsunami footage today it has reminded me how insignificant these small worries are in the grand scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I limit myself to one finger of fudge a day. Sadly, it's all my waistline can take - and it seems to get more difficult to keep my weight down as I get older!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It definitely does take much more willpower and restraint as you get older, everything seems to slow down - or drop! Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete