Photo Phrenzy


At the beginning of 2012 I embarked on a 365 project; a photo a day, with the intention of loading the photos onto Pummelvision to make a slideshow of my year. Sadly, Pummelvision was taken down so I have made do with choosing 12 photos, one from each month of a very memorable year.
Click on the photo to view a larger version.


January - gulls swooping in the cold, blue
February - leaf in the green
March - from the terrace at Cliveden
(with an eery blur descending the steps bottom right, where no person was present)
April - clotted Cornish clouds


May - luminous white foxgloves in the early morning sun
June - the iconic bow of a gondola 
July - two nuns at a crossing in Rome
August - flags flying at Eton Dorney
September - the London skyline, taken from the river bus.


October - a lone swan gliding on the Thames in the early morning
November - my attempts at celebrity pumpkin carving, can you guess who it is?
December - gossamer thin sheets of ice, adorning a flooded field of stubble.



Self portrait, taken back in April, in a freezing Westminster Hall.

Happy 2013.






16 comments:

  1. Happy New Year.... nice to see what you look like! Love the photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maggie, I hope 2013 is kind to us all

      Delete
  2. You've taken some wonderful photos. How nice to see you, too:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rosie, I enjoyed looking back at the year in images,

      Delete
  3. Great photos, and a very natty hat! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ellen, happy new year to you too. I am just packing my hats up to lend to a dear friend undergoing chemo, she needs them more than I do right now.

      Delete
  4. I managed taking almost a photo a day, bar a few blips until October and then it just stopped with the dark nights. Congratulations on making it through the year and lovely to 'meet you'. Happy 2013 to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you JHD, I found I took a lot of 'domestic' photos in the dark days, not so interesting to anyone else I'm sure

    ReplyDelete
  6. fab photos.....loving the hat very cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous way to celebrate 2012! Bring on 2013...I wonder what we'll do next...
    SWarah -x-

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your collages, fantastic idea and I love the picture of you! hello to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely incredible photos! I embarked on the same project this year and have already failed miserably. I might just focus on one fabulous photo a month. I really love the picture of the lone swan!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It has been so long since you posted, I was beginning to wonder if all was well with you. No email address shown so just have to hope you read this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete