Part two - a happy ending.

The building work is finished in time for the holiday.

To recap, the space as it was before


and after, as it is now


I love it, as you make your way towards it there is a powerfully evocative smell of new wood.   The fact that it has been a wet and cold couple of weeks and yet it was still finished on time, is something of a building trade miracle.



Thank you for stopping by in 2012, and taking time to leave your thoughts and comments, it is much appreciated.  Wishing you and yours a very merry Christmas.  






12 comments:

  1. Looks fabulous and I love the smell of new wood, too? Shame to lose the swing though! Have a great Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you VR, we didn't lose the swing, just the amount it can be swung :)

      Delete
  2. Look wonderful! I bet you can't wait to start working in it. Wishing you and yours a very merry Christmas and a happy New Year:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rosie, kitting it out and working in it starts now

      Delete
  3. Wow what a lovely work space. Wishing you a very happy Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you JHD, I hope it works as well as it looks

      Delete
  4. It looks great! Please show us some interior shots when you get it set up how you want.

    I hope 2013 is filled with good things for you and your family and I hope we can meet up again in Cornwall. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do Elizabeth, a meet up is almost certain, summertime....

      Delete
  5. Ok, I am officially green with envy! I think if my office looked as good as that, I would have a hard time leaving! And finished on time? That’s practically unheard of! Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Meghan, it will take some getting used to, but in a good way I hope.

    ReplyDelete