What all the best dressed sheds are wearing this spring....



This shed is not in the first flush of youth.  It can no longer rely on it's own charms to captivate.  A strategy has been sought, arrived at, and finally executed with panache.  The bunting detracts from the rather careworn exterior, it gives it a certain jauntiness and a cheery air of shed glamour that it wouldn't be able to achieve sans bunting.  Can you tell I heavily identified with the said shed?
                                  
                                                      

8 comments:

  1. Touche eclat for sheds - absolute genius, it looks fabulous, (slightly South Carolina shed in a wood maybe?). Whatever, I have shed envy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing how popular bunting has become this last year or two, folk adding it to sheds, inside their homes, gardens and so on, when it used to be kept for special occasions didn't it? I have some on the summerhouse, but it's been there a few years now so it beginning to look a little tired, maybe I'll make some more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A nice jaunty feel to the shed, and I'm sure it approves of how it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your shed looks good with the bunting! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a lovely comment. I see you have just been reading 'Enchanted April' - isn't it a wonderful book - one of my favourites:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Maggie, and Anil. Blogging with colour is helping me get through Feb.

    Rosie, the last time I read EA was 20 years ago, so I enjoyed it from an older persons perspective this time round. Such a comfort read in Winter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your little shed and how you have decorated it.
    I have had my shed in my back yard for over 34 years. It was to be demolished after we moved into the home.
    It still sits out in the garden waiting for some embelishment.
    I am inspired~m

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sadly I cannot claim credit, the shed was one I spotted whilst out walking. Sheds are such interesting things to me - I love the ones you spot on allotments made out of interesting bits and pieces, I always have to resist the urge to walk up and peer through the windows!

    ReplyDelete